Chicago Lawyer - Chicago Criminal Defense Lawyer, Michael J. Petro
Chicago criminal defense lawyer, Michael J. Petro, has practiced criminal law in the Chicago area for over twenty-three years. Throughout his distinguished career, Michael J. Petro has earned a reputation for persistence and toughness by providing drive, compassion, extensive legal knowledge and prolific courtroom skills for his clients.
As a member of The National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL), criminal defense lawyer, Michael J. Petro, is dedicated to ensuring justice and due process for the accused.
Chicago lawyer, Michael J. Petro, has handled numerous high profile and media related cases around the United States.
Criminal defense lawyer, Michael J. Petro, has been extensively interviewed for his representation by the electronic media including: ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox, WGN, NPR, Dateline and 60 Minutes.
Chicago lawyer, Michael J. Petro, has been covered for his representation by the print media including: Chicago Tribune, Chicago Sun Times, Daily Southtown, Daily Herald, Defender, New York Post, Boston Globe, Boston Herald, Associated Press and the Medill School of Journalism.
- Indiana University School of Law
Juris Doctorate, Bloomington, Indiana, 1988.
- Indiana University School of Business
Bachelor of Science, Business Economics and Public Policy, Bloomington, Indiana 1985.
Licensed to Practice:
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Federal District Court- Northern District of Illinois, Central District
of Illinois, Northern District of Indiana, Southern District of Texas.
- Federal Court of Appeals, 5th and 7th Circuits.
- State of Illinois
- Cook County State's Attorneys' Office Chicago, Illinois.
- Winnebago County State's Attorneys' Office Rockford, Illinois.
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Life Member
- Federal Trial Bar
- Father – Zachary, Anna and Emily