Michael J. Petro
Chicago federal defense lawyer, Michael J. Petro, has practiced criminal law in the Chicago area for over twenty-eight years. Throughout his distinguished career, Michael J. Petro has earned a reputation for persistence and toughness by providing drive, compassion, extensive legal knowledge and prolific trial skills for his clients. As a Life Member of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL), criminal defense lawyer, Michael J. Petro, is dedicated to ensuring justice and due process for the accused.
Chicago lawyer, Michael J. Petro, has handled numerous high-profile and media related cases around the United States. Criminal defense lawyer, Michael J. Petro, has been extensively interviewed for his representation by the electronic media including: ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox, WGN, NPR, Dateline and 60 Minutes. Chicago lawyer, Michael J. Petro, has been covered for his representation by the print media including: Chicago Tribune, Chicago Sun Times, New York Post, Boston Globe, Boston Herald, Associated Press and the Medill School of Journalism.
- Indiana University School of Law
- Juris Doctorate, Bloomington, Indiana, 1988.
- Indiana University School of Business
- Bachelor of Science, Business Economics and Public Policy, Bloomington, Indiana 1985.
Licensed to Practice:
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Federal District Court – Northern District of Illinois, Northern District of Indiana and Central District of Illinois.
- Federal Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit Court of Appeals.
- State of Illinois
- Cook County State’s Attorneys’ Office Chicago, Illinois.
- Winnebago County State’s Attorneys’ Office Rockford, Illinois.
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Life Member
- 7th Circuit Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Federal Trial Bar